Step 5 to Selling Your Home: Repair Time
If you did a Pre-Sale Home Inspection, we should already have a list of items that need to be fixed. If not and you have bad GFI outlets and your sink leaks, we need to know so we can have those items repaired BEFORE your home goes on the market. It’s better to get items fixed now before they come up in an inspection report and potentially scare off a buyer later. We have access to affordable repair people, electricians, handymen, etc. and am happy to make repair appointments and even be at your home to let workers in and oversee the work. In general, we always recommend:
- Touching up the paint in your home (or get rid of your favorite color from 1992)
- Installing new caulk around every tub and shower
- Hiring a professional HVAC company to service and clean both your AC unit and furnace
- Check all your interior and exterior GFCI outlets and replace the faulty ones.
- Have your pool checked to make sure it is running properly.
- Hiring a carpet cleaning company to steam clean your carpets.
- Making sure all light bulbs are working and that every light fixture contains the highest wattage light bulbs it can bear.
- Changing outdated cabinet hardware in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Get rid of the gold lights and door knobs!!
- Repairing any broken window screens at your local hardware store.
- Testing all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are functioning properly.
- Making sure downspouts aren’t improperly sloped or damaged in single family homes. If they are, have them repaired.
- Repairing any damaged, broken or missing roof shingles if you own a single family home.
- Have any ripped screens on your lanai or home repaired as well!
Visit our Preferred Vendors page for our recommend service providers such as handyman, electricians, pool companies, plumber, appliance repair people, etc
Questions? Call (239) 420-9011 or email Rich(at)movetocapecoral.com.
GO BACK: to Main Page